Call for Applications for Director of the ABPD Board
The American Board of Pediatric Dentistry is accepting applications for a Director position for the 2020-2026 cycle. The role of a Director is to serve as an advocate for board certification and uphold the core values of ABPD by being knowledgeable about and supporting the vision, mission and strategic plan of ABPD and by advancing the oral health of children and the specialty of pediatric dentistry for the pediatric dental professionals and their patients. To learn more about ABPD’s mission statement, vision, and core values, click here.
The Board of Directors is comprised of six Directors and is a six-year commitment. Click here to download a job description outlining fiduciary duties and key responsibilities of an ABPD Board of Directors Member.
Eligibility to apply is noted below and the deadline for applications, with supporting documentation, is August 15, 2019.
Eligible candidates for Director of the ABPD must meet the following minimal qualifications at the time of application:
Be a Diplomate in good standing with the ABPD
Be an active member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD)
Must be at least five years since Board certification
Must be actively involved in direct patient care or clinical teaching of pediatric dentistry on a weekly basis
Have a record of leadership in pediatric dentistry as evidenced by one (1) or more of the following:
- Two (2) years of service to the ABPD as an examiner, consultant and/or member of the Examination Committee or Advisory Council
- One (1) year of service as part leader of an ABPD examination committee or subcommittee
- Two (2) years of service as chair of an AAPD council, committee, or task force
- Term as Trustee of the AAPD (Note: AAPD trustees and officers are ineligible to serve concurrently as a director of the ABPD)
- Participation in the Academy's Kellogg Leadership Institute
- Two (2) years of service as program director or department chair of an ADA-accredited specialty training program in pediatric dentistry
- Other significant administrative contributions to pediatric dentistry (by report)
For more information on key responsibilities, nominations process or how to apply, please visit our website.« back to listing