Board of Directors Call for Applications 2021-2027
The American Board of Pediatric Dentistry (ABPD) is accepting applications for a Director position for the 2021-2027 cycle. The Board of Directors is comprised of six Directors and is a six-year commitment. Click here to view a job description outlining fiduciary duties and key responsibilities of an ABPD Director.
ABPD recognizes and acknowledges the advantages that a diverse community of volunteers brings to the organization and the pediatric dental profession. In an effort to reflect this diversity, ABPD seeks Diplomates with various experiences, viewpoints, and backgrounds. Applications of qualified Diplomates in all phases of their career are encouraged. Application materials for the Director position are to be submitted no later than August 15, 2020.
Eligible candidates for Director of ABPD must meet the following minimal qualifications at the time of application:
- Be a Diplomate in good standing with ABPD
- Be an active member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD)
- Must be at least five years since Board certification
- Must be actively involved in direct patient care or clinical teaching of pediatric dentistry on a weekly basis
- Have a record of leadership in pediatric dentistry as evidenced by one (1) or more of the following:
- Two (2) years of service to the ABPD as an examiner, consultant and/or member of the Examination Committee or Advisory Council
- One (1) year of service as part leader of an ABPD examination subcommittee
- Two (2) years of service as chair of an AAPD council, committee, or task force
- Term as Trustee of the AAPD (Note: AAPD trustees and officers are ineligible to serve concurrently as a director of the ABPD)
- Participation in the Academy's Kellogg Leadership Institute
- Two (2) years of service as program director or department chair of an ADA-accredited specialty training program in pediatric dentistry
- Other significant administrative contributions to pediatric dentistry (by report)
To apply, please log in to your ABPD profile. Under the applications section on your dashboard, select the Board of Directors Nominations Form. The application, including the following supported materials listed below, needs to be submitted by August 15, 2020.
The materials will be collated for review by ABPD’s Nominations Committee and select candidates will be interviewed via video conference on Wednesday, October 21, 2020. ABPD’s Nominations Committee will provide recommendations to the ABPD Board of Directors for its consideration during the October 2020 meeting.
- Essay summarizing leadership skills and interest to serve
- Background description or biography suitable for printing in Pediatric Dentistry Today
- Abbreviated CV (e.g. CV without presentations or publications; two page limit)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
More information may be found here, or for questions, please reach out via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If reapplying, please contact Christine Sharp via email (email@example.com) to update your application on file.
« back to listing