Oral Clinical Examination
The purpose of the Oral Clinical Examination (OCE) is to enable the Candidate to demonstrate proficiency in diagnosis, treatment planning, and clinical care. The format of the OCE and topic areas that are covered are listed in the Overview below as well as other pertinent information that the Candidate will find useful.
The registration fee for the OCE is $2000.
While we provide transportation between the designated hotel and the testing center, all other transportation and accommodation costs are the responsibility of the Candidate.
ABPD is no longer able to offer CE to Candidates for successful completion of the certification process.
2018 Exam Schedule
- Exam scheduled for October 15-18, 2018
- Application open: January 2, 2018, 9 am (CT)
2018 Oral Clinical Examination - All cancellations must be submitted in writing via email or US Mail.
- Cancel prior to or on April 1, 2018 = refund less $100 processing fee
- Cancel on April 2 to May 31, 2018 = 1/2 examination fee will be refunded
- Cancel on or after June 1, 2018 = no refund
- Failure to appear for the OCE = forfeit the entire examination fee
The Candidate who is unsuccessful with the OCE can retake the examination annually within their eligibility period. If unsuccessful with the OCE during their eligibility period, the Candidate will need to start the process over.
Tentative Exam Dates
Monday through Thursday:
October 15-18, 2018
September 9-12, 2019
September 21-24, 2020