The Qualifying Examination (QE) is one examination of the two-part certification process for Diplomate status in the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. The examination is designed to generate evidence toward validation of the individual's advanced training in pediatric dentistry. The QE must be successfully completed prior to registering for the Oral Clinical Examination (OCE).
- To log into your profile click here
- APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED - July 1 through December 15 annually
Future examination dates:2020:
Tuesday, May 5, 2020 - Application open July 1 - December 13, 2019. Application must be completed by logging on to the ABPD website.
2021: Monday, May 3, 2021 - Application open July 1 - December 15, 2019. Application must be completed by logging on to the ABPD website.
Cancellation Policy for 2020 May QE:
All cancellations must be submitted in writing via email or by US Mail. The cancellation policy noted here is used regardless of the PersonVue Testing Center cancellation policy. Examination fees can not be transferred to a different exam year.
- Cancellation prior to January 2, 2020 = $100 processing fee
- Cancellation on or after January 2, 2020 = forfeiture of the entire registration fee
- Failure to appear for the scheduled testing appointment = forfeiture of the registration fee
- Failure to apply for Board Candidacy before November 30, 2020 = forfeiture of score
The Candidate who is unsuccessful with the QE can take the examination annually in years 1 through 4
of their eligibility period. The Qualifying Examination must be successfully completed prior to sitting for the Oral Clinical Examination. A Candidate cannot sit for the QE and the OCE during the same year.