The Qualifying Examination (QE) is one examination of the two-part certification process for Diplomate status in the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. The examination is designed to generate evidence toward validation of the individual's advanced training in pediatric dentistry. The QE must be successfully completed prior to registering for the Oral Clinical Examination (OCE).
Please refer to the Qualifying Examination Overview below for details on how to prepare for the examination; specifically in section VIII, page 3. There is no reading list associated with the Qualifying Examination.
- PREVIOUSLY REGISTERED you already have a personal ID number and password with ABPD;and if you
have forgotten you will need to click on "Forgot Password" and the system will automatically send you the information to the email in your records. To log into your profile click here
- FIRST TIME REGISTERING FOR EXAMINATION -to complete your profile and application for the QE click here
- APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED - July 1 through December 15 annually
Future examination dates:
- 2019 - Monday, May 13, 2019 - Application opens July 2, 2018, deadline to apply, December 15, 2018.
Cancellation Policy for 2018 May QE:
All cancellations must be submitted in writing via email or by US Mail. The cancellation policy noted here is used regardless of the PersonVue Testing Center cancellation policy. Examination fees can not be transferred to a different exam year.
- Cancellation prior to January 3, 2018 = $100 processing fee
- Cancellation on or after January 4, 2018 = forfeiture of the entire registration fee
- Failure to appear for the scheduled testing appointment = forfeiture of the registration fee
- Failure to apply for Board Candidacy before November 30, 2018 = forfeiture of score
The Candidate who is unsuccessful with the QE can take the examination annually in years 1 through 4
of their eligibility period. The Qualifying Examination must be successfully completed prior to sitting for the Oral Clinical Examination. A Candidate cannot sit for the QE and the OCE during the same year.