The American Board of Pediatric Dentistry (ABPD) is excited to announce the launch of the ABPD Research Fellowship. The Research Fellowship is a one-year, part-time program that positions early career dentists, and others with relevant advanced degrees, as future health care leaders. The program facilitates research in areas relevant to assessment, performance and quality improvement, continuing professional development, and initial and continuing board certification.
- Support research that brings value to Research Fellows and their respective organizations.
- Discover an enhanced understanding of continuous certification, quality improvement, patient outcomes and professional development, and informing on those findings.
- Provide national recognition and dissemination of the research.
- Award $15,000 to institutions designated by Research Fellows to offset direct costs of research, professional development expenses, and travel costs associated with program participation.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Pediatric dentists who are in their early career, junior faculty, fellows, residents are eligible, those who hold a masters or doctorate degree in public health, as well as individuals who are engaged in health care research, public health administration and policy, and other relevant disciplines.
- Applicants should have a project that is ongoing or ready to begin, and an institutional research mentor selected. The project may build on existing research at the applicant’s institution to help advance initial and continuing certification.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS AND PROCESS
- Research project description including research questions, plan, budget, expected outcomes, and timeline.
- Personal statement describing applicant’s interests and goals for program participation.
- Two letters of support: one from the applicant’s research mentor; and one from the applicant’s department chair, associate dean/assistant dean, residency program director, or other supervisor.
- Current CV.
- The application period for the 2021-2022 Research Fellowship opens January 4, 2021 and closes May 15, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. CT.
- Notification of acceptance will be made in late August 2021, and program participation begins in September 2021.
- ABPD Research Fellows are selected on the quality of their proposed project, the likelihood of making substantial progress on the project during the scholar year, and on their project’s relevance to dentist assessment, patient care quality improvement, and performance improvement
Please visit www.abpd.org to learn more.