Board Candidacy Requirements
- Completion of advanced education in Pediatric Dentistry which has been approved by the American Dental Association/Commission on Dental Accreditation or the Commission of Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC).
- Internationally trained Pediatric Dentist (from a non-accredited ADA/CDA or CDAC specialty program) should contact a Program Director of an ADA/CDA or CDAC approved training program in Pediatric Dentistry and request advanced placement or credit by examination leading to certification of completion of the program.
- Internationally trained Pediatric Dentist (from a non-accredited ADA/CDA or CDAC specialty programs) who has been a full-time faculty member in an accredited ADA/CODA or CDAC pediatric dentistry training program for 12 consecutive months during the past 2 years with verification by the Department Chair in Pediatric Dentistry.
NOTE: For items 1, 2, and 3 the pediatric dentist MUST provide evidence of an active license with expiration date, a faculty permit, a faculty limited license, or an international dental license to engage in the practice and/or teaching of pediatric dentistry and a copy of the certification of completion of the training program.
The documents must be included with the application for Board Candidacy and a completed Annual Credentials form following the first Qualifying Examination.
All applicants are required to complete the board candidacy application prior to receiving their initial QE results. The deadline to apply for Board Candidacy is December 30. If an applicant fails to apply for Board Candidacy by the deadline, that year's QE results will be forfeited.
Board candidacy applications can be located by logging into your ABPD profile. All application must include the following supporting documentation:
1. Copy of current dental license with expiration date.
2. Copy of pediatric residency program certificate or official final pediatric
dental transcript from Dental School Registrar's office.