The Qualifying Examination (QE) is one section of the two-part certification process for Diplomate status in the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry. The examination is designed to generate evidence toward validation of the individual's advanced training in pediatric dentistry. The QE must be successfully completed prior to registering for the Oral Clinical Examination (OCE). Please refer to the Qualifying Examination Overview below for details on how to prepare for the examination; specifically in section VIII, page 3. There is no reading list associated with this examination.
- FIRST TIME REGISTERING FOR EXAMINATION - to complete your profile and application for the QE click here
- APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED - July 1 through December 15 annually
2019: Monday, May 13, 2019 - Application is closed. Testing Center Registration opens March 18, 2019. Applicants must have their MRA ID and Exam Code to register with the testing center.
2020: Tuesday, May 5, 2020 - Application open July 1 - December 15, 2019. Application must be completed by logging on to the ABPD website.
Cancellation Policy for May 2019 QE
- Cancellation prior to January 2, 2019 = $100 processing fee
- Cancellation after January 2, 2019 = forfeiture of the entire registration fee
- Failure to appear for the scheduled testing appointment = forfeiture of the registration fee
- Failure to apply for Board Candidacy before November 30, 2019 = forfeiture of score
All cancellations must be submitted in writing via email or by US Mail.
The cancellation policy noted here is used regardless of the PearsonVue Testing Center cancellation policy. Examination fees can not be transferred to a different exam year.