Congratulations! You’ve worked hard to achieve Board Certification and should be proud of your accomplishment.
Did you know – there is a right way and wrong way to announce and advertise your Board Certification?
When announcing Board Certification in printed or online declarations on letterhead, business cards, and websites and in telephone directories and biographical summaries, the below guidelines should be followed:
- Pediatric dentists certified as a Diplomate by the ABPD may promote their certification by using ‘Diplomate, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry’ or ‘Certified, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.
- The Board does not authorize abbreviations to designate Diplomate status. Initialisms such as ABPDD, DABPD, or ABPD (Dip) are inappropriate and must NOT be used.
- In recorded telephone messaging, certification may be promoted in direct association with a Diplomate’s name. Care must be taken to avoid inference that such certification applies to the practice or to all practitioners within the office.
As a Board Certified Diplomate, you also have permission to use the ABPD Diplomate Logo. You can access this logo in your ROC-P dashboard and feature on:
- Professional stationary
- Business and referral cards and forms, excluding educational literature and patient instructions forms
- Interior and exterior doors and windows in offices where all practitioners are ABPD Diplomates
- Personal or professional websites where all practitioners are ABPD Diplomates
The logo of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry (ABPD) is designed to identify Diplomates of the ABPD. All rights to the ABPD logo belong to the ABPD. The ABPD logo when used with an appropriate identifying phrase is the collective mark that may only be used by ABPD Diplomates. Any reproduction thereof by anyone other than an active ABPD board certified pediatric dentist is specifically prohibited.
No change of the color, pitch, or background is permitted. The logo may only be used on websites maintained by ABPD Diplomates for the purpose of advertising, marketing or informing the public of pediatric dentistry services available through their practice.
You may provide a link to the ABPD website to increase public understanding of the certification process. The ABPD logo shall not be used for any commercial endorsement or in any way that implies a commercial endorsement by or partnership with the ABPD. The logo may not be used in a way that would infer or imply that non-Diplomates in the same practice are Board Certified. The plural form may be used only when all in the same practice are Diplomates.
For information on announcing your specialty, please click here. For additional questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to ABPD Headquarters at email@example.com.