The American Board of Pediatric Dentistry (ABPD) has been named as a recognized provider in the American Dental Association (ADA) Continuing Education Recognition Program (CERP) effective November 2016.
ABPD’s Renewal of Certification Process (ROC-P) provides Diplomates an opportunity to acquire continuing education (CE) annually. To access ABPD CE activities, login to your personalized ROC-P dashboard. One credit hour is awarded for each online Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) module completed and ten credit hours are awarded upon successful completion of the online, open book Renewal of Certification Examination.
Although only two CQIs are required each year, you can complete as many new modules that you would like, as long as you have not completed the module in the last two years. ABPD’s Renewal of Certification Subcommittee works hard each year to develop new and relevant content for our Diplomates to easily access.
The dashboard currently has 29 CQI modules available for completion and below are recently added modules with more content forthcoming.
- Sedation Emergency Scenarios with Video
- Soft Tissue Pathology and Considerations
- Pediatric Psychopharmacology and Local Anesthesia: Potential Adverse Drug Reactions with Vasoconstrictor Use in Dental Practice
- Management of Posterior Incipient Carious Lesions
- Assessing Changes in Quality of Life and Dental Anxiety for Children After Dental Rehabilitation Under General Anesthesia
- The Role of Glass Ionomer Cement on the Remineralization of Infected Dentin: An In Vivo Study
In addition to developing, reviewing and updating the CQI’s, the subcommittee also evaluates the statistics from the quizzes and surveys that are given at the end of each module.
The following are some of the most frequently missed questions from the current CQI’s.
- Which is a possible concern when prescribing acetaminophen with codeine for analgesia in infants and children?
- According to the AAPD Reference Manual Guideline on Restorative Dentistry, what is the semi-permanent restoration recommended for the treatment of severe enamel defects in permanent teeth?
- Prior to a gingivectomy procedure, prophylactic antibiotic is indicated for patients with which medical devices?
Did you know that even as an Unlimited or Life Diplomate you can have access to the CE, CQI content and more? It is easy to enroll in ROC-P and access to content, CE and tools are instant. Contact ABPD Headquarters today to learn more, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leila Younger, DDS, MS
Barrington IL Secretary, ABPD Board certified: 1998