Nominations for Board of Director
The American Board of Pediatric Dentistry is accepting applications for Director for the 2019-2025 cycle. The deadline for applications, with supporting documentation noted below, is August 15, 2018.
The Director position is a six-year commitment and eligibility to apply is noted below.
Eligible candidates for Director of the ABPD must meet the following minimal qualifications at the time of application:
- Be a Diplomate in good standing with the ABPD
- Must be at least five years since Board certification
- Must be actively involved in direct patient care or clinical teaching of pediatric dentistry on a weekly basis
- Be an active member of the AAPD
- Have a record of leadership in pediatric dentistry as evidenced by one (1) or more of the following:
- Two (2) years of service to the ABPD as an examiner, consultant and/or member of the Examination Committee or Advisory Council
- One (1) year of service as part leader of an ABPD examination subcommittee
- Two (2) years of service as chair of an AAPD council, committee, or task force
- Term as Trustee of the AAPD (Note: AAPD trustees and officers are ineligible to serve concurrently as a director of the ABPD)
- Participation in the Academy's Kellogg Leadership Institute
- Two (2) years of service as program director or department chair of an ADA-accredited specialty training program in pediatric dentistry
- Other significant administrative contributions to pediatric dentistry (by report)
Application for Director
- Letters of recommendation: Letters of recommendation must meet the criteria established by the AAPD and are further subject to the following condition: one (1) letter must be from a past director of the ABPD or a past or current member of the Academy’s elected leadership (i.e., trustees and elected officers)
An application for Director, along with letters of recommendation (see above), an essay summarizing leadership skills and interest to serve, and current biography, is due by August 15, 2018 to Christine Sharp via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
An application and supporting documentation has a shelf life of five years. If reapplying, please contact Headquarters to update your application on file.