Nominations for Board of Director
The American Board of Pediatric Dentistry is accepting applications for Director for the 2019-2025 cycle. The deadline for applications is August 15, 2018.
The Director position is a six-year commitment and the application criteria are noted below. If you meet this criterion we hope you will consider applying and if you don’t yet please keep this opportunity in mind for the future.
Eligible candidates for Director of the ABPD must meet the following minimal qualifications at the time of application:
- Be a Diplomate in good standing with the ABPD.
- Be an active member of the AAPD.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years' service to the ABPD as a consultant and/or member of a subcommittee of the Examination Committee (these years need not be consecutive) with at least one (1) year occurring within the past three (3) years.
- Have a record of leadership in pediatric dentistry as evidenced by one (1) or more of the following:
- One (1) year of service as part leader of an ABPD examination subcommittee [Note: this is in addition to the two (2) years of service noted in #C above]
- Two (2) years of service as chair of an AAPD council, committee, or task force
- Term as Trustee of the AAPD (Note: AAPD trustees and officers are ineligible to serve concurrently as a director of the ABPD)
- Participation in the Academy's Kellogg Leadership Institute
- Two (2) years of service as program director or department chair of an ADA-accredited specialty training program in pediatric dentistry
- Other significant administrative contributions to pediatric dentistry (by report)
Application for Director
- Letters of recommendation: Letters of recommendation must meet the criteria established by the AAPD and are further subject to the following condition: one (1) letter must be from a past director of the ABPD or a past or current member of the Academy’s elected leadership (i.e., trustees and elected officers).
Application for Director, along with letters of recommendation (see above), an essay explaining interest in serving and summarizing leadership skills and current biography, is due by August 15, 2018 to email@example.com.